Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Cha-Ching!

Turning My Clutter into CA$H!!!

These rainy days get me digging through closets, cleaning under beds & sorting through the garage!  

I'm using 5 EASY STEPS to turn all of this clutter into cash at the Spring JBF Tacoma Sale May 1-4, 2014.
  1. Gather, Keep/Toss & Clean:  Once I have gathered a pile of items my family not longer needs, I decide if it is in good enough shape to consign it.  If so, I clean it, make sure all the pieces are there, add new batteries, etc.  I use the Spring Sale-Acceptable Item List and check for Recalls.  Put it in a box for later.
  2. Prepare Items for the Sale:  I put clothing on hangers, toys in zip-loc bags, tie shoes together...all according to the Merchandise Prep Guidelines.  Put it in a box for later.
  3. Enter Tags:  Now, I take one box at a time to my computer and log into My JBF Profile to Enter My Tags.  The Quick Reference Guide gives me pricing guidelines.  I price to sell, choose to Reduce so that my items sell on 50% Off Day, and I choose to donate my unsold items (I really don't want this clutter back!).  Put it in a box for later.
  4. Attach Tags:  After my tags are printed (on white cardstock) and cut out, I use a tagging gun (or safety pins) to attach tags to clothing, clear packing tape to attach tags to other items, and ribbon/hole-punch to attach tags to shoes, etc.  The Quick Reference Guide makes this super easy!
  5. Pack for Quick Drop Off:  Once my items are priced, tagged & prepped for the sale, I pack them in bins/boxes sorted by type and size.  Clothing, shoes, bedding and accessories are packed for the 2nd floor of the sale.  Toys, furniture, Mommy Mart, books, games, videos and infant items are packed for the 1st floor of the sale.  I print and sign my Consignor Agreement and put it on top!
I take it one box at a time.  The next rainy day gives me an excuse to get my clutter one step closer to becoming cash!  

See you in May!   - Allison
Join us on Facebook (Like our Fan Page & Join our Group Page).

Quick Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment